Welcome to the European Martial Arts Academy!
Register for Classes here
Washington Post feature story on the European Martial Arts Academy
“Swordsmanship isn’t what you see in the movies. This isn’t wild Conan stuff,” he informed a Wednesday-night class. To drive home the point, he raised his weapon high over his head like a lumberjack preparing to swing an ax and released a primal grunt. “It was designed for knights to fight in a full suit of armor.”
In the crowded arena of martial arts classes, Old World sparring techniques are generally eclipsed by more ethereal practices such as judo and jujitsu. But Booth is an ardent promoter and practitioner of Talhoffer’s moves, which he describes as “the most deadly and effective mixed martial arts that I’ve ever seen in the world.”
For Inquires Email Grandknight@europeanmartialart.com or Call (703) 751-0735
The 2015 Season at the European Martial Arts Academy has started!
Open Mon, Tues, Thurs, 5:30-8:30 PM
Open Wednesday 530-9PM
Open Saturday 1-4PM
Youth Programs (6-13 yrs):
Youth are encouraged to join the academy to learn the Code of Chivalry, and how to comport and defend themselves in the real world. Youth will train to becomes Dames and Knights, who are Determined, Disciplined, and Dedicated to Excellence.
The Code of Chivalry at EMAA
- Respect authority
- Respect leadership
- Display courage
- Have integrity
- Respect for religious beliefs
- Respect for the opposite sex
- Respect for performing arts
- Service is an integral part of the path to happy life
- Proper etiquette
- Defend the sick, the meek, the poor and the innocent.
- Perform with Determination, Discipline, Dedication
- Strive for physical fitness
- Force is only used in self-defense – not for aggression.
Forged from over 15 years of careful research, designed by top experts in their respective fields, the EMAA is a revolution in self-defense, fitness, leadership training, and personal development. Experts say that the technique taught at EMAA is the most deadly and effective defense art in the world.
EMAA is a comprehensive school of martial arts instruction — not just a sword school. EMAA not only brings back to life that which has been dead for 600 years, it also takes those ancient skills and forges them into the best choice available today for training in the martial arts.
At EMAA our students learn an entire gamut of martial arts and skills. This is a complete art which allows you the flexibility to face any sort of threat and emerge victorious. Here is why EMAA sets the standard for martial arts instruction:
- Our conditioning program is second-to-none. Using cutting-edge physical techniques similar to those employed in the United States Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer Course and elsewhere in the United States military, we develop strength, core-strength, endurance, overall-fitness, speed and agility with revolutionary approaches that produce better results while lowering chances of injury.
- We prepare you for crisis. Too often we read news stories about horrors committed by unbalanced but well armed individuals in our own society. EMAA will unlock the secrets Great Masters once taught their knights, and we will integrate those skills into crisis preparedness training designed by Green Berets, so that you are well prepared for a life-endangering crisis and emerge as victor rather than victim.
- Much of our training is about the open-handed arts. Disarming movements and techniques are a major part of the curriculum.
- Conduct at EMAA is governed by the Code of Chivalry. Knighthood was and still is about service.
- This course has been developed by a panel of experts consisting of nationally known historians, PhD’s in psychology, combat tested Green Berets and Rangers, college wrestling coaches, champion boxers and a leading expert on fitness and conditioning.
EMAA is a new approach to Martial Arts Training. This is not a school for the faint of heart. We are committed to excellence and producing the finest martial artists, leaders, athletes, scholars, ladies, gentlemen, and role models possible. We are men and women of peace, but we are also men and women committed to being that staunch rock others may lean upon when crisis shows itself. We are strong because of our training, the tests we have passed, our mental might and our spiritual beliefs. It was said in the age of the Knight, that no Knight of honor can lose to a Knight without honor. We believe that is still true. Within the journey to finding the truth, so you will find strength. Within failure you will learn success. Within yourself, you will find a new flowering.